A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The club have last night issued an official statement responding to Jeremy Corbyn’s attack on Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley – Read it here.
- Newcastle want to re-sign former youngster and current Everton defender Lewis Gibson according to Craig Hope – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Matt Ritchie may not return until next month after undergoing ankle surgery – Full story here.
- Lee Ryder claims Steve Bruce plans to sign a ‘winger’ and a ‘mobile central midfielder‘ in January, with the club hinting that money will be available to spend in the new year – Full story here.
- Some impressive stats have emerged from Sunday’s game against Manchester United, highlighting what Sean and Matty Longstaff did more than any other player last weekend – Full story here.
- According to the Sun’s Alan Nixon, Newcastle are one of FOUR Premier League clubs interested in Preston star Ben Davies – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer believes Sean Longstaff was ‘back to his best’ on Sunday, and has had his say on those Michael Carrick comparisons – Full story here.
- And finally, Graeme has had his say on Fabian Schar, giving a closer look at the Swiss international star who continues to shine at St James’ Park – Read his piece here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
This post written by Olly Hawkins originally appeared on NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.. Read the full post here.