A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle United are all set to appoint Steve Bruce as the new manager at St James’ Park in the next 48 hours, according to the Telegraph – Full story here.
- As revealed by Keith Downie, Sky Sports colleague Richard Graves has spotted Steve Bruce leaving Hillsborough in a ‘chauffeur-driven car’ this lunchtime – Next stop St James’? – Full story here.
- Sam Allardyce has confirmed he was offered the chance to return to Newcastle United last week – but admits he ‘politely’ rejected the opportunity – Full story here.
- Miguel Almiron will NOT take part in Newcastle United’s pre-season trip to China according to Bein Sports’ Roberto Rojas – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas has tipped Newcastle to sign Hoffenheim striker Joelinton, claiming he’s ‘pretty sure’ the club have ‘one or two’ transfer deals ‘lined up’ – Read his comments here.
- According to the Times, a compensation clause of “more than £5m” exists in Steve Bruce’s contract at Sheffield Wednesday – meaning Newcastle will NOT be able to land him on the cheap – Full story here.
- As confirmed by the Chronicle, Isaac Hayden will be part of the Newcastle United squad that travel to China this weekend – with his much needed move away being put on hold once again – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports, Newcastle Utd and Manchester Utd held ‘high-level’ talks last weekend over Sean Longstaff – but the club are adamant they will not sell the 21-year-old – Full story here.
- And finally, a message to NUFC fans ahead of Steve Bruce’s ‘imminent’ appointment – ‘Know you enemy’ – Read piece in full here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
This post written by Olly Hawkins originally appeared on NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.. Read the full post here.